Benefits of massage therapy
Research shows that the benefits of massage therapy at all stages of life, from newborns to senior citizens are enormous.
Studies from the Research Touch Institute has shown that touch therapy has many positive effects on different levels.
On a Physical level
- It helps the flow of blood and lymph to eliminate toxins
- It soothes nerves
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion, reducing pain and swelling
- Reduces blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Firms the skin
- Improves posture
- Eliminates the waste products of nutrition and fatigue
- Helps reduce cellulite
- Identifies potential injury sites
- Prehabilitation as against rehabilitation
On an Emotional and Mental level
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Settles the emotion
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Alleviates depression
- Improves connection to inner self
- Enhances attentiveness
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Creates body awareness
- Fulfils the need for touch and communication
- Leads to a positive state of mind and spiritual awareness
Benefits of massage therapy and healthy life style:
- Find health and wellness through your everyday lifestyle
- Choices in Nutrition,
- Alternative medicines,
- Physical fitness and Exercise.
The benefits of massage therapy can be a key component of any holistic approach toward general health care.
The manipulation of soft tissue and its surrounding structures through massage can have a direct effect on our main systems and tune our body to its highest potential.
These systems together form our Postural balance, Systemic balance and our Psychological balance.
These three balances can be directly influenced by massage, and by receiving massage on a regular basis, we can help tune our bodies to their highest potential.
Added by :Eddie Jackman
Acupuncturist,Physical Therapist and Sports Therapist based in Waterford
For treatments or appointments please call 087 6701166